Vlčí hrádek (Wolf Fort)

Almost unnoticeable remainders of a fort established in the 14th century by the Berkas of Dubá on a buttress between Rákosový důl (Reed Valley) and Kunzův důl (Kunze's Valley), not far from the Small Wolf Brook. The fortress was probably used as a shelter for the glassmakers working in the nearby glassworks. Archaeological research has shown that the two structures date back the same period. In the late 1300s, Wolf Fort was abandoned and its original name has not survived the ages.

Address: 

Česká republika
50° 55' 30.774" N, 14° 26' 24.1044" E

Category: 

  • Castle / Chateau