The church was built in 1711–1712. It is a Baroque, single-nave church with the presbytery facing the North, rectangular sacristies on the sides, and a chapel on the western side. The gable features the statutes of St. Peter and St. Paul. The church was destroyed in the fire of 1988, and only the perimeter walls survived. It was restored in 1996–2000. The church is now fully reconstructed and was consecrated in 2000 by the Bishop of Litoměřice, Dr. Josef Koukl). The current church interior was brought from several dilapidated churches nearby - the set of restored Baroque altars comes from the church in Dubnice u Mimoně, and the Baroque organ and sandstone baptistery from the church in Záhořany u Litoměřic. The Baroque statues situated in the nave come from the nearby village of Markvartice.