The history of the church is rather sad. The Catholic church was built in 1775–78 according to the architectural design by Josef Hoffman. The foundation stone was laid in 1775 under the future altar. The tower was decorated with a gold-plated cross and a sculpture of John of Nepomuk. However, the church served its intended purpose for only 9 years. During the Josephine reforms, the building was secularised and on 3 August 1787 sold in an auction to master dyer Anton Sieber. Three years later it was purchased by fabric wholesaler Anton Salomon. He donated the alter to the parish church in Rumburk. On 31 March 1817 the building and the surrounding land was purchased by his daughters Anna and Antonia and converted into florist’s shop.