Marienfelsen, Maria's Rock

A vantage point with a bower near Jetřichovice and a symbol of Bohemian Switzerland. It was originally a fire lookout station and was open to tourists in 1856 by Prince Ferdinand Kinský. The original name of “Great Spire” was changed and the current name refers to the wife of the estate holder, Princess Maria Anna Kinský. A simple shelter was built on the top in 1856, which could be accessed via 240 stairs, and was gradually rebuilt into a larger wooden structure. A steep trail leads to the top from the direction of Jetřichovice. On 09/09/2005 Maria's View burnt down because of tourist negligence. A new version of the popular lookout bower on the rock was built and opened to the public in 2006.

Elevation: 447 m
Location: Jetřichovice


Česká republika
50° 51' 36" N, 14° 24' 16.9992" E


  • Nature
  • Lookout tower / Prospect