The Baroque single-nave church of St. Mary Magdalene dating from 1754–1758 was built on the site of what was originally a simple little church. The church is now the most prominent landmark in the town. The interior of the church dates back to the 18th–19th century, and consists of the main altar from 1808, the work of Dominik Kindermann, a Rococo pulpit from 1765, and a font with a marble statue of a sleeping boy from 1820, by Ferdinand Pettrich. There are steps, built in 1818, leading from the square, lined with statues. Not far away is Kostelní vrch (Church Hill), where there used to stand a chapel and Stations of the Cross.