Jiřetín pod Jedlovou – Cross Hill

In 1696–1704 local parish priest Wenzel Grutler had the first crosses erected on Cross Hill. This activity was resumed by parish priest Gottfried Liessner, who initiated the erection of the Calvary, consecrated in 1764. The monumental stairway with six columns was built in 1847. On the hill top is a church and a new chapel built of stone in 1783, which replaced the previous wooden structure.

Address: 

407 56 Jiřetín pod Jedlovou
Česká republika
50° 51' 20.07" N, 14° 34' 43.8528" E

Category: 

  • Monument