Filipov - Our Lady of Succour Church

In the 1930s the church became the most important place of pilgrimage in Central Europe. The church was built in a place of the apparition of Virgin Mary to a nineteen-year-old, seriously ill girl Magdalena Kade in 1866. The girl fully recovered. A pseudo-Romanesque church was built in 1870-1886 in the place of house no. 63, where the girl lived. In 1926 the shrine was promoted to basilica minor by Pope Pius XI.

1. January to 31. March
Sat: 10:00 - 16:00
Sun: 13:00 - 16:00
1. April to 31. October
Wed - Sat: 10:00 - 17:00
Sun: 13:00 - 17:00

Address: 

Filipovská
407 53 Jiříkov - Filipov
Česká republika
50° 58' 50.2536" N, 14° 35' 50.6868" E

Category: 

  • Monument