Cross of David (Davids Kreuz) in Růžová

The sandstone Cross of David on the religious trail from Janov to Arnoltice was built to mark the occasion of his second wedding in 1816 by Johann Christoph Hille, owner of farmstead No. 54 (Pachfranzen) in Nová Víska. The reconstruction of the cross also involved the cleaning of the plinth and casting and welding on the new part of the cast-iron cross. The body of Christ was re-cast, as was the figure of Faith at the bottom.

Address: 

Růžová
Česká republika
50° 51' 2.5884" N, 14° 15' 59.5188" E

Category: 

  • Monument